Paphos Airport is an ideal starting point for road-trips around Cyprus, but it is also accessible by public bus and long-distance transport.
A large number of car rental companies, including well-known multinational ones, are located right at the airport in the arrivals hall. Prices here are almost identical to those at Larnaca airport and vary according to the season and timeliness of booking. While you can pay from 202 EUR for a week's car rental in Paphos in summer, prices drop to amounts from 62 EUR per week during winter.
You can easily compare all car hire companies at the click of a button via the Rentalcars.com comparison engine:
Buses to Paphos
You will find the bus stop for buses to Paphos and other cities in front of the terminal, about 50 metres from the exit on the right. Detailed information about public transport in Paphos can be found on the official website: pafosbuses.com.
There are 2 local public bus lines from the airport to the city centre. You can buy a ticket from the driver, or at the information booth or at the bus station, choose from the following types of tickets:
- 1,50 EUR - 1 ride anywhere on Paphos public transport (non-transferable ticket)
- 2,50 EUR - night fare between 21:00 and 04:00, valid for 1 ride (non-transferable)
- 5 EUR - day ticket for lines within Paphos public transport, valid only on the calendar day, not for 24 hours
- 15 EUR - a day ticket for all buses in Cyprus, including long-distance intercity buses, valid only on a given calendar day, not for 24 hours
Paphos can be reached by the following lines, the journey to the centre takes about 25 minutes.
- 612 (timetable/map: pafosbuses.com/612) - goes to Harbour station in the south of the city, where the main beach area is. The bus stops at many places along the beach and runs once an hour
- 613 (timetable/map: pafosbuses.com/613) - goes to Karavella main bus station in the historic part of Paphos, where you can connect to most other local and long-distance services. The line runs 6 times a day
Unfortunately, none of the bus lines serve the first morning departures, so you need to use a taxi or return your rental car at the airport the morning before your flight. Most car rental companies allow returns outside of opening hours.
Bus to Latsi
There is a direct public transport service from the airport, line 649 (timetable/map: pafosbuses.com/649) to the town of Polis Chrysochous near Latsi beach and Akamas National Park. It runs 4 times a day and the same tickets apply as the above buses to Paphos.
Buses to other cities
Direct bus services also depart from Paphos Airport terminal to other Cypriot cities:
- Larnaca (including a stop at Larnaca Airport) for 15 EUR and 90 minutes, timetable: kapnosairportshuttle.com/larnaca
- Limassol for 9 EUR and 45 minutes, timetable: enlimassolairportexpress.eu/limassol
- Nicosia for 15 EUR and 105 minutes, timetable: kapnosairportshuttle.com/nicosia
Taxi prices to the airport are regulated and exact amounts are set. To Paphos city centre you will pay 20 EUR, to Coral Bay resort then 35 EUR.
Some of our links may be affiliate links from which we may earn a commission if you purchase the service. See our advertising policy page.