What is the best way to get to the Bolzano Airport terminal from the city centre or from the mountain resorts?
If you are arriving in Bolzano for mountain or winter hiking with a lot of luggage, the most convenient option is to rent a car directly at the terminal.
Several car rental companies operate here, including well-known brands such as Europcar and Sixt.
Prices in high season start at 420 EUR per week.
Although there are no buses directly to the terminal, the nearest bus stop "Bozen, Flughagen / Bolzano, Aeroporto" is just 700 metres from the terminal (location on google.com/maps).
The following bus lines pass through the stop:
- 10A - frequency 15 minutes, circular line around Bolzano, goes to both the main station and Bolzano Sud station, faster for going from the airport to the station
- 10B - frequency 15 minutes, circular line around Bolzano, goes to the main station and Bolzano Sud station, faster for the journey from the station to the airport
- 111 - frequency 20 minutes, goes to the main station and Bolzano station and then south to San Giacomo and Laives
The journey time to Bolzano main station is about 15 minutes.
Tickets can be purchased via the Südtirolmobil mobile app or at a machine inside the bus, but only exact cash can be paid. In the city centre, tickets can also be bought from vending machines at bus stops, but there are none at the airport. The driver does not sell tickets.
- 1,50 EUR - change for 3 hours (only within Bolzano)
- 4 EUR - all-day within Bolzano
Although the railway tracks pass just a few metres from the airport, there is no station near the terminal.
To get to the train you have to use the public transport buses mentioned above.
For timetables and to buy train tickets online, visit the Italian Railways website trenitalia.com.
- Trains from Bolzano station - main line direction Brenner, Trento, Innsbruck, Brixen, Rovereto, Verona
- Trains from Bolzano Sud station - Merano
Due to the relatively sparse flight traffic, do not expect taxis to be waiting at the airport building upon arrival.
We therefore recommend downloading the mobile app of the largest taxi operator in Bolzano "Radio Taxi Bolzano": radiotaxibz.it/en.
You will pay for the journey to the centre according to the taximeter approx. 17 EUR.
Some of our links may be affiliate links from which we may earn a commission if you purchase the service. See our advertising policy page.